Wednesday, July 21, 2010

P/V Luca Széke - my first boat - Boat Design Forums

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Rep: 16 Posts: 131
Location: Hungary

P/V Luca Széke - my first boat

This is my first full-scale boat. A 6.2m kayak.

All plans copyright CC-BY-SA.

On the pictures you can see steps of the buildings, and my struggle with the end of the boat.

She is not yet fully ready. She now lays upside down waiting for the last layer of epoxy to cure on the bottom. After that she will receive another coat for the top, skirts on the opening, and bulkhead (not for mechanical reasons, just to provide buoyancy chambers.
I plan to upload some pictures of her current state tomorrow.

Her name Luca Széke (Lucy's chair) is a reference to an old hungarian custom of building a chair for 40 days, finished at the nameday of Luca. This is an expression referring to something which gets ready very-very slowly.

Attached Thumbnails
p-v-luca-szeke-my-first-boat-v4.2.png  p-v-luca-szeke-my-first-boat-ar52.jpg  p-v-luca-szeke-my-first-boat-ar54.jpg  

p-v-luca-szeke-my-first-boat-ar56.jpg  p-v-luca-szeke-my-first-boat-ar62.jpg  p-v-luca-szeke-my-first-boat-ar64.jpg  

Posted via email from moneytalks's posterous

No comments: